Abu Dhabi: Issues over the unfold of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 have led Emirates Airways to position suspension of passenger providers from 13 locations—six African nations, and one-way suspension of providers from seven different nations.
In an replace on its web site on Wednesday, January 5, clients originating from the next locations should not accepted for journey to or by Dubai, till additional discover.
Restrictions on entry and transit by Dubai
- United Republic of Tanzania (DAR)
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (ADD)
Cancelled flights (to and from Dubai)
- Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
How you can proceed should you’re travelling from certainly one of these nations
Passengers who’ve already booked flights from these locations don’t must contact the airline. “Affected clients don’t must name us instantly for rebooking,” Emirates advises on its web site.
“Prospects can merely maintain on to their Emirates ticket and, when flights resume, get in contact with their journey agent or reserving workplace to make new journey plans.”
What are the exemptions?
- UAE residents, their first-degree family, diplomatic missions, official delegations between the UAE and these nations, and golden visa holders are exempt from restrictions and may fly in from these nations.
- These travellers should submit a unfavourable COVID-19 take a look at obtained inside 48 hours of departure and a Speedy-PCR take a look at on the airport inside six hours of departure the place potential. One other PCR take a look at shall be required on the airport upon arrival within the UAE.
- A ten-day quarantine and a PCR take a look at on the ninth day of getting into the nation is required for UAE residents, their first-degree family, diplomatic missions and golden visa holders.
- UAE residents are barred from travelling to any of the listed nations in Africa apart from emergency therapy circumstances, official delegations and scholarships.